4 thick cut pork chops
garlic finely diced
onions small dice
cracked black pepper
saltfresh basil chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F
2. Salt and pepper either side of the pork chops. Use as much pepper as you like, but add more salt than you think because it's never enough when cooked.
3. Then, heat a large ovenproof skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the pork chops and sear for 2 minutes per side.
4. Throw the pork chops onto a tray and get the tomato sauce going.
5. Put the olive oil in a large ovenproof pan, and heat it over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic, and cook for 1 minute, or until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
6. Pour in the hand-crushed tomatoes and half of the basil, and give the sauce a quick boil.
7. Repeat with the pork chops. The pork chops need to be almost entirely hidden behind the tomato sauce. Having it cover them is OK.
8. The recommended baking time is 2 hours and 15 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit, with the pan covered securely with foil.
9. Adjust the seasonings and stir the remaining basil into the sauce.
10. To thin out a sauce, simply add water. Allow the sauce to boil for a further 20-30 minutes on the stovetop or in the oven if it is too thin.
11. Take the cooked pork chops out of the pan and serve with your favourite starch like spaghetti, rice, or potatoes.
12. In other words, don't waste any of that fantastic excess sauce.